Further Information: Types of Advertising
There are several ways in which you can promote your business on Radio Chelmsford.
- Spot Advertising – This is an advert recorded professionally to fit the style and brand of your business. This will typically be 10, 20, 30 or 60 seconds in duration and will be played between one to three times an hour depending on your agreed package and available advertising space. There is an additional production cost for the advert if you do not already have one which will be tailored to fit your budget.
- Show Sponsorship – Your business is promoted at least 3 times an hour on the show you have chosen to sponsor with a message typically 10secs in duration. We will work with you to identify which show, and messaging is right for your business.
- Feature Sponsorship – Another way to promote your business is to sponsor a feature on the station like the weather or entertainment update. Just like the show sponsorship, this is an audio message of about 10secs in duration.
- App & Website Advertising – We offer banner advertising on the Radio Chelmsford website and app for as little as £10 a month. We can help create a banner to meet your need or use an existing one you may have already. Please contact us for more details.
- Feature Content (Pre-recorded of Live) – Another way to engage listeners and promote your business is through feature content on the station. We will come to your business or record with you remotely depending on your preference a series of short features to promote your business, from a grand opening to the launch of a new product. Alternatively, we can bring one of our shows to your business and present the show live chatting with you and your customers. Please contact us to discuss options.
- Competitions & Giveaways – You may have a product or service that you wish to giveaway as way to grow your brand with our listeners. This could be meal vouchers, cakes, holidays etc. depending on your business. We can work with you to build a campaign where we promote your business for free in exchange for providing the competition prizes or giveaways. Please contact us to discuss options.
Click here to find out more…
Why Advertise on Radio?
Radio Chelmsford is a cost-effective way to advertise in Chelmsford, Essex. We are the only professional local radio station based in Chelmsford for Chelmsford. We are a digital only radio station, which means our listeners have chosen to listen to us by downloading the app, visiting our website, installing us on their smart speaker or listening in their car via Apple Carplay & Android Auto.
Here’s some further information suppied by RadioCentre.
Radio – the broadcast linear flow of curated, predominantly live, presenter-led music and speech based audio entertainment – is now part of a much wider audio ecology.
Before the audio revolution, there used to be two choices for listeners – live radio or your personally-owned music collection.
Now, with the rise of new audio formats such as podcasts and streamed music services, listeners have more options than ever before. The rise of multiple-function mobile devices (formally known as phones) and the fact that audio content is “device neutral” for the most part, means that people can listen to almost anything, anywhere, and at any time.
Demonstrating the impact of radio
There is a wealth of industry research that demonstrates the impact of radio across a range of metrics when used as part of a wider media campaign.
Return on investment (ROI)
According to UK econometric analysis radio produces £7.70 revenue ROI for every pound spent – second only to TV overall, and higher in a number of product categories e.g. retail, finance, travel, automotive. This is supported by separate analysis which demonstrates that radio delivers profit ROI of £1.61 per £1 spend, again second only to TV.
When included in the mix, radio advertising significantly increases the effects of brand communication over TV advertising alone, helping brands spring to mind more readily in purchasing situations. See Radio: The Brand Multiplier for more detail.
Analysis of the IPA Databank reveals that including radio as part of the mix significantly increases the chance of achieving brand fame.
Source: IPA Databank
Boosting awareness and consideration
Listeners demonstrate significantly higher ad awareness/brand consideration of radio advertised brands. Reallocating a proportion of a TV or press budget into radio increases overall ad awareness for no extra cost.
Brand relevance and trust
Radio advertised brands feel more relevant and are more trusted by radio listeners.
Radio and response
Radio drives response, especially online. See also Using Commercial Radio to drive response.